CTS Principal David Abramson was awarded a Certificate of Appreciation from the Paterson Historic Preservation Commission for his role in the complete restoration of the Paterson City Hall Dome.
The building was built in 1896 and was added to the National Register of Historic Places on March 10, 1995. It was designed by the New York firm Carrere and Hastings (of New York Public Library fame) in 1894, and is modeled after the Hôtel de Ville (city hall) in Lyon, France, capital of the silk industry in Europe.
Relevant Project Data:
- The restoration work included the repair of the copper dome, the ornamental copper features, and masontry repairs to the limestone drum.