The Phoenix House, Mendham, NJ
CTS Principal David Abramson was awarded a State of New Jersey Preservation Award for his artful design of the restorations to Mendham’s Borough Hall.
The Phoenix House was constructed in the early nineteenth century, purchased in 1820 by William Phoenix for use as an inn, and then used from 1857 to 1907 by his daughters as a boarding house. The building is a fine example of the Federal style, with Greek Revival-style porches added in 1840. Since 1938, the Borough of Mendham has used the building for municipal office and meeting space.
Relevant Project Data:
- The project included restoration of the building, improvement of mechanical systems, and creation of barrier-free access.