CTS’ principal David Abramson was the Architect of Record and designer of the restorations to the exterior of this internationally renown New York City Landmark hotel.
The French Renaissance château-style building was designed by Henry Janeway Hardenbergh and opened to the public on October 1, 1907. The hotel was designated a New York City Landmark in 1969, the only New York City hotel ever to receive this distinction.
Relevant Project Data:
- The project included replica and replacement terra cotta and copper roofing restoration, and masonry restoration to the exterior marble, limestone, terra cotta, brick, and cast iron exterior wall finishes.